We’ve read about supporting devices and features, here’s how to download and install iOS 16 Beta. Apple has finally released the much-awaited and most leaked OS version of this year, iOS 16 at WWDC 2022
Apple released the first beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 immediately after the Apple Keynote event. However, it is only available to developers, and Public Beta is scheduled for July with a third developer beta.
I’m sure you’ve been anticipating iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 for quite some time. And why shouldn’t you? The new iOS 16 has a slew of exciting new capabilities, including lock screen personalization. You may now get it on your iPhone now that it’s accessible as a developer beta. We’ll show you how to download and install iOS 16 Beta and iPadOS 16 betas on compatible iPhones and iPads.
Table of Contents
iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 Eligibility
Apple announced the eligibility for iOS 16 shortly after the release of iOS 16. The eligibility for iOS 16 is not what we expected. Five iPhones are no longer supported by iOS 16. If you have an older iPhone, you will be unable to download iOS 16. You can see which iPhones support iOS 16 here.
iOS 16 Supported Devices List
iPadOS 16 Supported Devices List:
- iPad (5th generation and later)
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
- iPad Air (3rd generation and later)
- iPad Pro models (All)
How To Get a Developer Account
Since iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 are currently available only to developers, you need a developer account to get iOS 16 beta and iPadOS 16 beta.
The public beta of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 will be available in July probably with the third developer beta. You can also create a developer account, it is paid.
If you have the Apple developer account, you can proceed with the next step.
Download iOS 16 Developer Beta profile (configuration profile)
To get the latest iOS 16 Dev Beta and iPadOS 16 Dev Beta through an OTA update, you will need to install the profile. And so first you need to download the iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 beta profile. Follow the steps given below.
- Go to the Apple Beta Software program site on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on the three lines at the left corner and select Discover > iOS.
- Next tap on the Download button in the right corner.
- Now Sign in with your developer account.
- On the next page, look for the correct OS from the list and tap on Install Profile > Allow.
Install iOS 16 Developer Beta Profile
- After the last step in download, go to the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- You will see ‘More for Your iPhone’ on the top, tap on it. Or go to General > VPN & Device Management > Profile Downloaded.
- Select iOS 16 Beta Software Profile.
- On the next screen, tap on Install and follow the on-screen steps.
- After installing the profile, restart your iPhone or iPad.
Download and install iOS 16 Beta
Now that the beta profile is installed on your iPhone or iPad you can finally install the first iOS 16 Beta or iPadOS 16 Beta. Here’s how to download and install iOS 16 Beta 1 and iPadOS 16 Beta 1.
- Connect your phone to a charging point and WiFi with the Internet.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Now go to General > Software Update.
- You will find the new iOS 16 Beta on iPhones or iPadOS 16 Beta on iPads.
- Download and Install iOS 16 Beta
- Tap on the Download and Install button.
- The device will reboot after installation.
- Now you can enjoy the latest iOS 16 Beta 1 and iPadOS 16 Beta 1.
So this is how you can download and install iOS 16 Beta and iPadOS 16 Beta. You can also install the first beta of iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 with IPSW files that are also available with the developer account when enrolling for the new beta. It requires Finder on Mac.
Once you have downloaded and installed iOS 16 Beta on your device, comment and tell us your experience.