The new Google Pixel 7 Pro has a SIM card issue. Maybe you will also face this issue. Don’t worry if you are unable to detect your SIM card in your Pixel 7 Pro. We are here to help. In this article, we are going to fix the SIM card error, or No Sim Card Detected error in the Pixel 7 series of smartphones.
Google Pixel 7 Pro is the new flagship of tech giant Google. With tons of features and camera improvements, this phone has everything one could wish for. The Google Pixel has a history of post-launch glitches, which Google has apparently fixed with OTA updates.
How to fix Pixel 7 Pro Sim Card Not Detected or Working (Error)
You can try these fixes to fix this bad issue.
Method 1: Restart Your Pixel 7 Pro
The first solution you can do is to restart your phone. Restarting your Pixel will fix most minor bugs in any device. Your Pixel will try to restart every service and setting, and your SIM may be detected during the process. Here’s how you can restart your Pixel 7 Pro.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons together until the restart option appears.
- Tap on Restart. Wait for the device to boot up.
- Check your Sim card status.
Method 2: Check Dirt On SIM Card
Many SIM cards are designed in such a way that they can become dirty over time. So if your SIM card has dust particles, glue, or any debris, your Pixel 7 Pro may not recognize it and the SIM card may not be detected or the SIM card may be defective. So make sure your SIM card is clean, and also check if there are any signs of damage. SIM card chips are very sensitive, even a slight scratch on them can disable/destroy them.
Method 3: SIM Card Status Check
Please check with your carrier provider about the availability of your SIM card. Because SIM cards may be temporarily disabled by your carrier if they have not been used in the last 90 days. This is a security mechanism to protect users from possible fraud. So make sure you connect your carrier and check if your SIM card is active.
Method 4: Reinsert Your SIM Card
If restarting your Pixel 7 Pro did not work, you can try reinserting your SIM card.
- Take out the Sim tray by using the tool provided in the box
- Clean your Sim card with the cotton clothes
- Insert your Sim card and wait for it to get detected.
Misaligned sim cards can sometimes cause these types of problems with smartphones. If these steps are not working for you, you can try resetting your network.
Method 5: Reset Pixel Network Settings
Resetting your network will clear up any outdated glitch that is creating issues for you. Here is how you can reset your network.
- Open your settings, and go to System settings.
- Tap on the Reset option.
- Now tap on the Reset WiFi, mobile & Bluetooth options.
- Your mobile network will be reset
Method 6: Reset Device APN Settings
If your Pixel 7 pro is still not able to connect with the network, resetting the APN might help. Here is how you can do that.
- Open the settings of your Pixel.
- Tap on wireless and network.
- Press more and then tap on Mobile Networks.
- Tap on the Access points names (APN) option.
- Delete the current APN and enter the correct APN of your network carrier.
Method 7: Boot Pixel In Safe Mode
If all these things are not helping and you are still worried about a sim card network error then try booting your phone in safe mode. Going into safe mode will automatically block all third-party apps.
- Press and hold the power button until the power-off prompt appears.
- Hold down the Power off button until the prompt to restart in safe mode appears. Tap OK.
- Safe mode” will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen after your phone restarts.
- Try re-establishing a network connection or using your SIM card after entering Safe Mode.
Method 8: Contact Customer Support
If all these steps did not solve your problem, you can try contacting customer support for the Pixel phones. The Pixel support phone number is available here.
Explain your problems to them. They will brief you on any extra solutions or pick up your phone and drop it off to you after the service.